Welcome to SmartinFive.com, as provided by Smart in Five, Inc.
These Terms and Conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the Smart in Five, inc. website, located at www.smartinfive.com (and also smartin5.com).
By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full.
Do not continue to use Smart in Five’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated herein.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions and any or all Agreements: “User”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions.
“The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to Smart in Five, inc.
Smartinfive.com is meant to be used by any age participant as it is information based which should contain no material inappropriate for any age, no sales are conducted or money is exchanged, and no personally identifiable information is collected, no account can be created.
The intended usage for this site is for you to read the information, and think about it. Click on some links. Consider technology solutions. Converse with friends. Anything outside this usage is prohibited.
Therefore, all users are prohibited from:
• Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
• Making any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
• Using a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
• Using the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
• Circumventing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
• Engaging in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
• Tricking, defrauding, or misleading us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
• Making improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
• Engaging in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
• Interfering with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
• Attempting to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
• Using any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
• Using the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
• Deciphering, decompiling, disassembling, or reverse engineering any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
• Attempting to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
• Harassing, annoying, intimidating, or threatening any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
• Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
• Uploading or transmitting (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
• Uploading or transmitting (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
• Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, using, launching, developing, or distributing any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
• Disparaging, tarnishing, or otherwise harming, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
• Using the Smartinfive.com in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
While we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
All information, material, content, published on smartinfive.com is intended to be original and covered by copyright to Smart in Five, inc. Smart in Five has a registered agent listed with the copyright office.
The information, or work on smartinfive.com includes:
• the work on smartinfive.com as authored by the smart in five, inc. team, paid or unpaid
• the work produced by any author acting independently, who offers to have content published on smartinfive.com, for the first time, paid or unpaid.
• Stock photography is excluded from this copyright when featured on smartinfive.com, as provided by vendors. It is not original to smart in five, inc. authors.
Copyright protection is intended to honor the independence and originality of the authors and the content, especially since all content is unpaid as of April 2018.
Unless otherwise stated, Smart in Five and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Smart in Five, as described in copyright above. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://www.smartinfive.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
• Republish material from http://www.smartinfive.com
• Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://www.smartinfive.com
• Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://www.smartinfive.com
• Redistribute content from Smart in Five, Inc. (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to smartinfive.com without prior written approval:
• Government agencies;
• Search engines;
• News organizations;
Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to smartinfive.com in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long
as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
• commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American
• Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
• dot.com community sites;
• associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
• online directory distributors;
• internet portals;
• accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
• educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of ; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link:
(a) is not in any way misleading;
(b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and
(c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in above and are interested in linking to our website,
• you must notify us by sending an e-mail to Be@smartinfive.com.
• Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site,
• and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
• By use of our corporate name; or
• By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
• By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site, aka Technology for Aging
No use of Smart in Five’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
We have no responsibility and shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. Smart in Five does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Smart in Five, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Smart in Five shall reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
• You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
• The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
• The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
• The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant to Smart in Five a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats
We collect no personally identifiable information. We conduct no commerce of any kind, including sales transactions.
Email / Subscription
We have no email program at this time.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
You as a user agree to read and use your own judgement and take responsibility for your purchases and decisions. We limit our responsibility to $0.00 damages or losses of any nature. You are an adult, this is a website, read it and make your own decision. We are just humans with well researched opinions and you are a human make your own judgements.
If you are under 18, use an adult to aid any decisions about registration, or buying anything for anyone on the internet or in person, please. Just cause we wrote it, that is not a substitute for a rational guiding adult.
We do not knowingly publish fraudulent information, or leads on criminal business, fake news, scams or illegal businesses. We research our best, we use our ethics to make smart business statements and conclusions we can stand behind. When we get information that shows any conclusion was wrong, we update our information as fast as we can.
AND we cannot take an responsibility for any dishonesty, or low quality of service provided by any partner or product.
We cannot certify the services of any partner, vendor, or other on the website.